Strength in Our Experience, Our Commitment and Our Dedication
To our Esteemed Clients:
We are proud to introduce you to the Marquez Intellectual Property Law Office. We combine the strengths, skills and experiences of each of our members into a team that can service your intellectual property protection needs. Thus, the character 力, which signifies “Strength” perfectly symbolizes what our team brings to you. It is our firm motto.
It is “Strength” in our professionals’ more than 60 years of combined experience in serving a wide variety of clients—from individuals to startups, small and medium companies, universities and multinational corporations—all in the field of intellectual property protection and enforcement.
It is “Strength” in our commitment to serve our clients to the best of our abilities. We listen to the needs and goals of our clients, and we tailor our services according to those needs. Every case, every idea and every innovation gets our full attention and dedication.
It is “Strength” in our dedication to successfully achieve the goals of our clients. We have all your intellectual property needs protected, from prosecution and enforcement to business strategy. We strive to protect your interests and exceed your expectations.
We look forward to working with you and to serving you
We have over 20 years of patent prosecution and litigation experience including:
- Patent Counseling, Preparation, and Prosecution
- Patent Infringement and Invalidity Opinions
- Intellectual Property Due Diligence
- Licensing and IP Transactions
- Import and Export Matters
IP PORTFOLIO ANALYSIS
- Identify IP rights and scope of protection;
- Identify possible impediments to patent or trademark
- Identify possible infringement.
FREEDOM TO OPERATE ANALYSIS
- Craft appropriate parameters, search issued and pending patents;
- Analyze results and provide guidance on claim scope and potential pitfalls; and
- Develop strategies to avoid infringing on rights of others.
- Trademark registrability;
- Infringement and non-infringement;
- Validity and invalidity; and
- Freedom to operate.
- Identifying relevant IP rights;
- Assessing ownership, inventorship, inequitable conduct;
- Determining status and validity of IP claims;
- Highlighting gaps in protection; and
- Infringement and validity studies.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY ASSET BUILDING
- Assessing and identifying IP assets;
- Applying for and obtaining patent or trademark protection both U.S. and worldwide;
- Developing strategies and procedures for protecting trade secrets, information and know-how;
- Maintaining and enforcing IP assets; and
- Counseling on licensing and commercialization of IP assets.
Some useful links for more information about protecting your intellectual property worldwide:
U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
World Intellectual Property Organization
Korean Intellectual Property Office
Marquez IP Law Office
1629 K Street, NW
Washington, D.C. 20006
1925 Ballenger Avenue
Alexandria, VA 22314